Thank you for your interest and desire to join the Rescue Squad. This will help us provide quality emergency medical services to the Marbletown and Rosendale communities. Please review the qualifications below for membership prior to completing the application. The Marbletown First Aid Unit strongly encourages you to have up-to-date Measles, Mumps and Rubella as well as Tetanus Toxoid vaccinations. Your interest in the Marbletown First Aid Unit is much appreciated.
Active status members are those who ride the ambulance and answer the calls for emergency service. Active membership is for those wanting to have direct patient contact on emergency calls, either driving the ambulance or performing patient care.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess a valid New York State Certified First Responder Certification, New York State Emergency Medical Technician Certification or New York State Emergency Medical Technician.
- Must be physically and legally capable of performing the tasks of being a CFR, EMT.
- Must have 3 years driving experience.
- Valid driver's license that is relatively clear of infractions (to be determined by insurance carrier).
- Must be physically and legally capable of performing the tasks of driver.
- Will be required to be certified NYS CPR/AED provider. (MFAU will train during driver-training phase)
Auxiliary members provide support services to the MFAU by performing office duties, coverage at events, special projects and mailings. Auxiliary members do not ride the ambulance.